Re: could RMAN backup different platforms?

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 10:27:36 -0700

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> later. There is no reason why not to do that with an AIX box. Linux fans
> may object but in terms of reliability and stability, AIX beats Linux
> hands down.

well, i personally like linux more than AIX, more in terms of handling than performance or scalability. my 9i RACs running linux are virtually troublefree, the 10gR2 RACs on AIX not yet but that's not AIX fault. i think, a linux system with an AIX kernel would be a nice combination.

thanks & regards,
-ap Received on Thu Jul 27 2006 - 12:27:36 CDT