Re: after servererror trigger question

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:08:09 GMT

epipko_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks Brian,

>> And in my shop, if a user can't connect to the database, I hear about it
>> soon enough!

> This is what I am trying to avoid. I'd like to be the first one to know
> when d/b is not accessible.

The user will always be the first to know, and you or your boss will always know 2nd. :)

You cannot trap this sort of thing on the DB side. Must be on the client side as has been previously stated. Perhaps you could write something that looks for the creation of sqlnet.log files. Or if it's an application server, add an error trap to the code and send an email or an SNMP trap. It will need to be done on every client though. Received on Wed Jul 26 2006 - 10:08:09 CDT