Re: WPG_DOCLOAD

From: Tim Arnold <timkarnold_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:42:52 -0400

"Maxim Demenko" <mdemenko_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:ea5spq$ad4$03$2_at_news.t-online.com...
> DA Morgan schrieb:
> > If anyone is using this package I'd appreciate a short paragraph
> > describing how you are using it?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> I am slightly confused - everybody who uses htmldb ( now ApEx ) - are
> using it - it is the part of core functionality.
> But you are probably interested in custom implementations, not in what
> is delivered with oracle out the box ?
>
> Best regards
>
> Maxim

Yeah, like he said. It is out-of-the-box in ApEx or write your own pl/sql. Use it to view/download blobs.
This is from Burleson's book:

create or replace procedure display_easy_image( p_id number ) as

   s_mime_type  varchar2(48);
   n_length     number;
   s_filename   varchar2(400);

   lob_image blob;
begin

   select mime_type, dbms_lob.getlength( blob_content ), filename, blob_content

   into s_mime_type, n_length, s_filename, lob_image    from easy_image
   where image_id = p_id;
   owa_util.mime_header( nvl( s_mime_type, 'application/octet' ), FALSE );

--

-- This is very important.  I can't tell you how many times I've

-- forgotten to do this and cost myself time in troubleshooting.

--

grant execute on display_easy_image to public

/