Re: trigger on alter user

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2006 00:07:09 -0700

Martijn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In one of our databases we need 1 user to reset passwords from other
> users. (some kind of admin function). Ofcourse this "admin-user" may
> not change passwords etc. of sys or system. So granting "alter any
> user" to this admin is not a good idea.
> Doing this with a (sys-owned) procudure is not possible because the
> supplier is not willing to change a line of code in his application.
>
> My final thaugth : a trigger which checks whether the user to be
> altered is not sys or system......
> My questions:
> Is something like :"create trigger blabla on alter user ....."
> possible?
> Did I miss something in the documentation?
>
> Any pointers in the rigth direction are welcome.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Martijn

Yes you can create trigger on ddl statements. You can create them on alter statements and for your case search for ora_des_encrypted_password in the link below, it has even something like example.
See
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14251/adfns_triggers.htm#i1006519

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu Received on Wed Jul 26 2006 - 02:07:09 CDT