Updating from two tables

From: <RiseY3K_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2006 13:29:08 -0700

Hi,

TABLE table_a
(

   change_date DATE NOT NULL,

   id NUMBER(3) NOT NULL,
   pri_order VARCHAR2(5),
   sec_order VARCHAR2(5),

   media_id NUMBER(4) NOT NULL
);

TABLE table_b
(

   change_date DATE NOT NULL,

   id NUMBER(3) NOT NULL,
   pri_order VARCHAR2(5),
   sec_order VARCHAR2(5),

   name VARCHAR(21)
);

I would like to update table_b from table_a with pri_order and sec_order for every matching id. This looks like a fairly easy sql statement, but I have tried many sql statement and looked for help and but couldn't get it to work. I am using an oracle database.

Thanks in advance,
- Kevin Received on Tue Jul 25 2006 - 15:29:08 CDT