Question about DataGuard

From: <emdproduction_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2006 12:45:57 -0700

Group,

I have a question when reading about Dataguard.

Say, I have a primary database and standby database, and all the archived logfile are shipped from primary databaes to standby site on confirmed mode.

If my primary database was crashed and not available, all I have in standby site is the archvived log files, what happens to the transactions in online redo but not archived yet? Is there any way I can transfer info in online redos to standby site?

Will I lose some data if my primary site went down suddenly?

Thanks for any people who will clear this up for me. Received on Tue Jul 25 2006 - 14:45:57 CDT