Re: ORA-12519 Error from ADF Application, pls help..

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 25 Jul 2006 08:53:57 -0700

xtanto_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
> (I realized this related to ADF, but since there is ORA-12519 I post it
> here..)
>
> I create a data entry using ADF Table, multi Row Insert. When user
> press "Create" button, I will create 75 blank rows, then user input
> values and press submit.
>
> For the first transaction , it works perfectly.
>
> But when user input second transaction, still with 75 rows, when user
> press submit, I get a lot of JDBC Errors... (attached below ..)
>
> What could cause these errors ?
> Is that because JDBC time out ? because it takes 10 minutes for user to
> input 75 rows..
>
> Thank you very much for your help,
> xtanto
>
> Below is the error :
> Error
>

> 1. JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught: oracle.jbo.JboException,
> msg=JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught: oracle.jbo.JboException,
> msg=JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught: oracle.jbo.DMLException,
> msg=JBO-26061: Error while opening JDBC connection.
> 2. JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught: oracle.jbo.JboException,
> msg=JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught: oracle.jbo.DMLException,
> msg=JBO-26061: Error while opening JDBC connection.
> 3. JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught: oracle.jbo.DMLException,
> msg=JBO-26061: Error while opening JDBC connection.
> 4. JBO-26061: Error while opening JDBC connection.
> 5. Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12519,
> TNS:no appropriate service handler found The Connection descriptor used
> by the client was: localhost:1521:ORCL

Let me guess: your db instance isn't named ORCL? This is your problem,  you're 'pointing' to a non-existent instance in your connect descriptor. I would be checking your connection information as this appears to be a user-inflicted configuration error.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Jul 25 2006 - 10:53:57 CDT