Re: Query Trigger

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:11:07 GMT

sabeer.oracle_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a table with one million records. When a user query the table,
> the result should produce depends on the user's privilieges to that
> table. For eg, the user might not view the certian records which are
> irrelevant.
> I should use the same command "select * from table" for different
> users. The trigger should surpress the query result depends on the
> user.
>
> Pls guide me.
>
> Thanks.

Look at a Virtual Private Database. With VPD, you can limit the user to seeing only a subset of the rows of the table they are allowed to see. In 10g, you can limit their access to certain columns too. The SELECT statement does not have to be rewritten as VPD will do this in the background for you.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net