Re: Can't Select External Table from CSV File

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 24 Jul 2006 14:18:22 -0700

Resant wrote:
> I don't think so, because they use the same application.
> So they will create CSV file in the same mechanism. I think must be
> external factor - like Excel version (but I've already check that they
> have same version) or something else - that could be one of the cause.
> I can't think other, any other idea please?

But are they moving the file around with the same mechanism? If they are ftp'ing, that could do the CRLF thing (binary v. ascii file copies between OS's is the usual issue - look at the files with an editor that doesn't hide these things from you).

It might really help us help you if you stated versions and platforms and such. "Central database" could mean a lot of things.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/signon