Re: Ports

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:29:30 +0200

On 23 Jul 2006 15:40:40 -0700, "Learning As Much As I Can" <jctown_at_nb.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Robbert van der Hoorn wrote:
>
>> Please remember that the SID of an XE database is ALWAYS XE !!!!!!!!!!!
>
>What does the XE mean? Express Edition? How does one know what the
>SID is when one installs an Oracle instance?

In an install of 'normal' Oracle10g, it is one of the first little thingies *you* have to provide while creating the database. So unless you are either sleeping, or blind, or stoned, or drunk you could jot it down, couldn't you?
You can also identify when you look at the Windows services names starting with OracleService. Guess what the last letters are? Anyway, it is all written down for you in the Getting Started Manual, which you obviously didn't read.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA