Oracle 8i Task Prioritisation

From: Jimbo1 <jamestheboarder_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 24 Jul 2006 06:22:07 -0700

Hi there,

I've just been asked a question by our project manager to which I do not know the answer with 100% confidence.

We are running Oracle 8i (8.1.7) for Windows NT.

We have a release process which is encapsulated within a package in the database. When we execute the procedure that kicks off the release process, is it possible to somehow convey to the database that this is to be given lower execution priority than any other tasks that resources are being used for?

I suspect it's not; I always thought Oracle alone chose which tasks to allocate resources to. However, if anybody knows differently, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks in advance.

James Received on Mon Jul 24 2006 - 08:22:07 CDT