ORA-29850: invalid option for creation of domain indexes

From: <karen.hedges_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 24 Jul 2006 03:24:25 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to create a spatial index in a specific tablespace with Oracle 10G but keep getting the following errors:

SQL> CREATE INDEX DUMMY_GEOM_FBSIDX on DUMMY(DUMMY_GEOM) indextype is mdsys.spat
ial_index tablespace DUMMYINDX;
CREATE INDEX DUMMY_GEOM_FBSIDX on DUMMY(DUMMY_GEOM) indextype is mdsys.spatial_i
ndex tablespace DUMMYINDX

     *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29850: invalid option for creation of domain indexes

If I don't specify the tablespace, the spatial index is created as shown below:

SQL> CREATE INDEX DUMMY_GEOM_FBSIDX on DUMMY(DUMMY_GEOM) indextype is mdsys.spat
ial_index;

Index created.

Just for reference, the spaces and carriage returns are just a part fo cut and paste and the geometry object is setup as shown below:

CREATE TABLE DUMMY (
        DUMMY_GEOM MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY
) tablespace DUMMYDATA;

INSERT INTO USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA (TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME, DIMINFO, SRID)
  VALUES ('DUMMY', 'DUMMY_GEOM',
    MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ARRAY

      (MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('LONG', -180.0, 180.0, 0.5),
       MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('LAT', -90.0, 90.0, 0.5)
      ),
     8307);

TIA. K Received on Mon Jul 24 2006 - 05:24:25 CDT