Re: How to create database instance in Oracle 10g in Unix

From: Chuck Whealton <chuck_whealton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jul 2006 04:51:41 -0700

MSK wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a database instance in Oracle 10g/UNIX, I want to create two
> more instance to simulate test environment but currently we dont have
> DBA, I need to perform this task,
> I have enough experience in Oracle 8x. It would be nice if any one give
> me all the steps for 10g or any useful links.
>
> 1. Can we create via GUI or command line only ?
> 2. Login into the existing instance and Can we create via SQL
>
> Many Thanks
>
> MSK.
MSK, you should use the DBCA for this. Do yourself a favor and 1) make sure you don't overwrite anything that's pre-existing if you're doing this on your production system and 2) save a template for fewer modifications late (and remember to modify where needed when you use it again!)r.

Charles R. Whealton
Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com Received on Sun Jul 23 2006 - 06:51:41 CDT