How to create database instance in Oracle 10g in Unix

From: MSK <mannaikarthik_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2006 15:28:28 -0700

Hi all,

We have a database instance in Oracle 10g/UNIX, I want to create two more instance to simulate test environment but currently we dont have DBA, I need to perform this task,
I have enough experience in Oracle 8x. It would be nice if any one give me all the steps for 10g or any useful links.

  1. Can we create via GUI or command line only ?
  2. Login into the existing instance and Can we create via SQL

Many Thanks

MSK. Received on Sat Jul 22 2006 - 17:28:28 CDT