Re: disk space trending into table....

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:58:03 GMT

oracle_man wrote:
> Does any person out there have a package that grabs disk space usage
> via df -k or -g or whatever and stuff it into an oracle table?
>
> Sure could use one.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Rich, I wrote a similar script in Perl, using Filesys::DiskFree in one of the companies I used to work for. Basically, the script read a configuration file which specified which filesystem to collect data for, for each of those executed "df" in Perl and stored the results in a database table. It wasn't overly complex. I would probably need between one and two hours to recreate it, but I am lazy on the weekends. Received on Sat Jul 22 2006 - 16:58:03 CDT