EXCEPTION AT DBMS_HA_ALERTS_PRVT.CHECK_HA_RESOURCES637 SQLCODE -600,ORA-00600

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:37:38 -0700

If you have patched to 10.2.0.2.0 check your alert log for the above. If you see it you may well be generating 1MB/minute or more of alert log.

The Cause Determination for my TAR was:
*** SERVICE NAME:(SYS$BACKGROUND) 2006-07-19 18:06:37.500

The Call Stack:
kjhn_post_ha_alert kjhn_post_ha_alert_plsql spefcmpa spefmccallstd pextproc peftrusted

Here's Oracle's response:
The condition which raises this assert is when we check the host_name and the instance_name and if any of this returns NULL , then we would raise this assert.

A problem similar to this is being addressed in Bug 5173066 -- REPEATED ORA-600 [KJHN_POST_HA_ALERT0-862] FROM MMON PROCESS which is not yet fixed at this time.

We use an internal table called recent_resource_incarnations$ to store the instance related details for FAN notification and if we have problematic entries in this table , this results in the kind of MMON errors that you have experienced.

If you are having this problem Oracle support has a fix that, on my machines, seems to work.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington