Re: Deadlock - advice needed

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:37:24 GMT

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:25:19 -0700, oliviug wrote:

> 2 sessions doing this at the same time:
>
> Lock table order_release_bp in share mode;
>
> delete from order_release_bp where ...

First question I'd have is ... why is the application issuing a 'lock table' command to do the delete?

It may be needed, but in some applications it is simply a symptom of a developer 'porting' from SQL Server (or similar) without understanding what Oracle does internally.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!