About incremental backup in Export.

From: Raaj <erkraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2006 04:56:13 -0700

Hi,
  I am currently working with Oracle9i on RhL platforms. Can we make an incremental export in Oracle like in RMAN what we do.

   What is the disadvantage in taking cold backup after shutting down the databse with SHUTDOWN ABORT. Is it like the SCN values in Datafile headers and Controfile will not be consistent?

   Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Raaj Received on Sat Jul 22 2006 - 06:56:13 CDT