Re: Best Number Representation for Money

From: Jim Kennedy <jim>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 19:36:33 -0700

<blyons3_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Is there any convention for representing money with an Oracle Database?
> I'll throw out NUMBER(4, 19) as an ice breaker to get the conversation
> started.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
> blyons3_at_yahoo.com

Depends upon the units. If you are dealing with Yen then the precision would be 0. If you are dealing with US Dollars then 2 digits of precision. I am assuming that you can't have fractional units. (eg fractions of a penny, fractions of a yen.) It really depends upon your requirements. Jim Received on Fri Jul 21 2006 - 21:36:33 CDT