Re: Move Oracle 10g database to another location

From: Chuck Whealton <chuck_whealton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2006 17:39:57 -0700

Selt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am quite new using Oracle and I am making some testing on a test PC.
> I installed Oracle 10g and create database, tested it and all works.
> Now I would transfer the database to another PC that is nomore testing,
> but working installation.
>
> I should be glad if you could suggest best way to do this.
>
> Kind regards.

Selt:

Like Joel said, RMAN. However, if you're going from test to production, why don't you just do a cold copy? If it's a Windows based installation, you'll need to recreate the Windows service for the instance, etc., but that shouldn't be a major ordeal. In 8i/9i the ORADIM utility is used for this.

Charles R. Whealton
Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com Received on Fri Jul 21 2006 - 19:39:57 CDT