Re: Cold Backups

From: <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2006 03:48:46 -0700

howard schreef:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running 10g R2 on RHEL 3. I need to get my hands on a good
> coldbackup script or just instructions on how to do it.
>
> I want to be able to copy the vital directories to another location.
> What would those directories be?

Use RMAN, and configure it properly. An example would be: user #: rman target /

RMAN> CONFIGURE DEFAULT DEVICE TYPE TO DISK;
RMAN> CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON;
RMAN> CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO
'/oracle/backups/@/@_%F';
RMAN> CONFIGURE DATAFILE BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1;
RMAN> CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1;
RMAN> CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMAT
'/oracle/backups/@/@_%U';
RMAN> CONFIGURE MAXSETSIZE TO 2G;
shutdown
startup mount;
backup database;
alter database open;
exit;

Then, backup /oracle/backups to tape. Received on Fri Jul 21 2006 - 05:48:46 CDT