Re: Cold Backups

From: Jerome Vitalis <vitalismanREMOVETHAT_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:53:11 +0200

howard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running 10g R2 on RHEL 3. I need to get my hands on a good
> coldbackup script or just instructions on how to do it.
>
> I want to be able to copy the vital directories to another location.
> What would those directories be?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Howard

The best way to make sure you do not forget anything it to use the RMAN command "backup database" (eg it will backup your control file even if you do not ask it to). It will create backup pieces, so the result will not be exactly what you suggested (copied directories). Received on Fri Jul 21 2006 - 04:53:11 CDT