Re: Insufficient Privileges / Oracle Not Available

From: Adley <adley194_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Jul 2006 21:15:04 -0700

Peace all,

Sorry for the late reply.
The good news is that the problem has been solved. I am not completely sure how I did it, but after getting frustrated I ask the maintenance guy whether I can shut down the machine and rebooted it.
The maintenance work was doing a complete machine backup, almost all contents from the hard disks are transfered to tape. After I reboot the machine, the problem still persisted. I reboot it again.

Now, after a while, I began to just searching for ownerships and permissions, etc. All to no avail.
The only thing I remember before everything went well was I edited the sqlnet.ora file (comment out the authentication_services line). Stop-start the listener, make sure tnsping works, and after that, SYS AS SYSDBA can then connect to the idle instance. I issued "startup" and thank God it started up without problems.

Well, I honestly don't understand how things turned out well. But at least my work has become less today, the only problem that still remains is the CICS region that still problematic. But that's another story.

Thanks all,

=adley= Received on Thu Jul 20 2006 - 23:15:04 CDT