Re: AIX vs Solaris

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:35:27 GMT

[snip]

I can't speak to AIX with respect to Oracle as I have never run Oracle on it, but our Solaris boxes are some of the best for our Oracle databases that we have used. Each Unix variant will have its pros and cons, but I really like Oracle on Solaris.

> I don't know anything about IBM support, but I do know Sun support in
> the Netherlands sucks. One of our customers is having issues with Sun
> on their support contract for years.

I've used both IBM and Sun support here in the US and I've rarely had a problem with them. No support is perfect, but IBM and Sun are far from the worst vendors I've had to deal with...

Cheers!
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net