Help: Design the database for a school

From: <emdproduction_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jul 2006 08:17:13 -0700

I was asked to help with design a school admission database. I am not familiar with designing the database at all, hope this group can help me. The database purpose is to store all student's infomation. So I am going to use student_key at primary key for student table, and use student_key as foreign key for all the other tables. Could all the expert here tell me is it OK design?

student(

	student_key prmary key
	lname,
	fname,
	mname,
	birth_date,
	sex,
	ethic origin,
	high school code, etc)

address(
	student_key foreign key,
	address1, address2,etc)

test_scores

(
student_key foreign key, test_type,score, etc) emergency_contact( student_key foreign key, fname, lname, phone, etc) application_detail
(
student_key foreign key, date_received, etc) previous_college
(
student_key foreign key, college_name, transcript_date_received, etc) attendance( student_key foreign key, matriculation code, number of records for this term,etc)

Thanks very much for your help. Received on Thu Jul 20 2006 - 10:17:13 CDT