Re: Dev Database Refresh Options

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:46:24 GMT

meathammer wrote:
> 9iR2
>
> 1) What are the options (that you'd take) OTHER than "old" exp/imp
> to keep dev database as close to Production as possible ?

  1. Transportable Tablespaces
  2. RMAN clone database
  3. Restore dev from a backup of prod

> 2) ..and now what if Prod is on Unix & Dev is on Windows ?

If you are using 9i...then toss out all from my list and stick with exp/imp.

Another option is to upgrade to 10g. Transportable Tablespaces can still be used to cross platforms. And you can also use Data Pump.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net