Re: ELFCLASS64 Error on AS10g Release 3

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2006 13:27:30 -0700

Nick wrote:
> Thanks for the replies...
>
> There is a 64-bit version available, but it's the one that came with
> the OS... not supported with release 3.
>
> [oracle @ ...] $ java -d64 -version
> java version "1.4.2_08"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_08-b03)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.4.2_08-b03, mixed mode)
> [oracle @ ...] $
>
> The version under the release 3 ORACLE_HOME is a 32-bit version:
>
> [oracle @ ....] $ $ORACLE_HOME/jdk/bin/java -d64 -version
> execve(): No such file or directory
> Error trying to exec $ORACLE_HOME/jdk/bin/sparcv9/java.
> Check if file exists and permissions are set correctly.
> Failed to start a 64-bit JVM process from a 32-bit JVM.
> Verify all necessary J2SE components have been installed.
> (Solaris SPARC 64-bit components must be installed after 32-bit
> components.)
>
> To answer the other questions...
> > Which log is that?
> It is the log.xml file under our oc4j instance...
>
> > I take it you mean metalink Note:301956.1 ?
> Yes, that note... and also many other sources.
>
> > Are you using 32 bit java or 64 bit?
> The version that is under ORACLE_HOME... 32-bit
>
> > Please echo your exact LD_LIBRARY_PATH on all tiers.
> [oracle @ ...] $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> $ORACLE_HOME/lib32:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/usr/lib:usr/local/lib:/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/jdk/jre/lib/sparc:.
> This is the same for all tiers...
>
> > Did you restart Oracle with the new path information? Also, check the
> > oracle executable with ldd to be certain which ELF information it has,
> > and run the file command on libocijdbc10.so.
> Yes, I restarted with the new PATH info.
> [oracle @ ...] $ cd $ORACLE_HOME/lib
> [oracle @ ...] $ file libocijdbc10.so
> libocijdbc10.so: ELF 64-bit MSB dynamic lib SPARCV9 Version 1,
> dynamically linked, not stripped
>
> [oracle @ ...] $ cd $ORACLE_HOME/lib32
> [oracle @ ...] $ file libocijdbc10.so
> libocijdbc10.so: ELF 32-bit MSB dynamic lib SPARC Version 1,
> dynamically linked, not stripped
>
> > Are you setting CLASSPATH?
> >
> > There might be some *properties file, but it's been too long since I've
> > worked on this stuff to remember the details.
> I have not set a CLASSPATH... I haven't found that in any oracle
> docs... what would you recommend?

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b15658/admin_ora.htm#g95690

Put the word: classpath in the tahiti.oracle.com search box. I suspect you need to put the directory with the so file and the one with your .jar file into the CLASSPATH variable. But again, it's been so long since I've dealt with that stuff I hesitate to give any specific advice, it may have nothing to do with what you are doing.

> I'll search for properties files, but no luck yet....

Oh, and this group frowns on top-posting.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
There's always Python.