Re: pl/sql for both backend and front end programming?

From: Arto Viitanen <arto.viitanen_at_csc.fi>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:17:21 +0300

Jack Wang wrote:
> I have a client using pl/sql for both backend db code and front end
> presentation. I am thinking it's more appropriate to use 4GL languages, such
> as java and .net, for the presentation and business logic tier, and reserve
> pl/sql for the data intensive process.
>
> Can anyone shred some lights?
>
> Thank you.

Aren't there several versions of PL/SQL? The one that is inside the database, then the one used in Forms etc. If your client is using PL/SQL in the database, I think you are right, Java and .net are better choices (3GL where as PL/SQL is 4GL) for the presentation and business logic.

--
Arto Viitanen, CSC Ltd.
Espoo, Finland