Re: pl/sql for both backend and front end programming?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:42:52 +0200

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 02:31:54 GMT, "Jack Wang" <jgwang1_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have a client using pl/sql for both backend db code and front end
>presentation. I am thinking it's more appropriate to use 4GL languages, such
>as java and .net, for the presentation and business logic tier, and reserve
>pl/sql for the data intensive process.
>
>Can anyone shred some lights?
>
>Thank you.

Evidently, PL/SQL is a 4GL language. You subscribe too much to marketing hypes.
And Java and .net will be, especially when misused (ie not using bind variables) the perfect method to get an unscalable application. Using PL/SQL will reduce parsing. The number 1 factor is properly functioning application is parsing.
Convert to Java and/or net and you'll regret it, and/or DBAs will shout at your 'application'

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA