Re: ELFCLASS64 Error on AS10g Release 3

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2006 14:54:45 -0700

Nick wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm deploying a java app to Oracle AS 10g R3 on a Solaris 9 SPARC
> station. Each time we hit the app we get the error in our log below:

Which log is that?

> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libocijdbc10.so:
> ld.so.1: java: fatal: $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libocijdbc10.so: wrong ELF
> class: ELFCLASS64</MSG_TEXT>
>
> I've seen the fix all over the place to update the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> have $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 come first. I've done this in the .profile and
> /etc/profile, but I'm still getting the same exact error. For some
> reason, I can't get it to look in $ORACLE_HOME/lib32.

I take it you mean metalink Note:301956.1 ?

Are you using 32 bit java or 64 bit?

Please echo your exact LD_LIBRARY_PATH on all tiers.

> Is there anywhere else I would need to set this path?

Did you restart Oracle with the new path information? Also, check the oracle executable with ldd to be certain which ELF information it has, and run the file command on libocijdbc10.so.

You would need to set this path anywhere that something starts up an oracle executable.

Are you setting CLASSPATH?

There might be some *properties file, but it's been too long since I've worked on this stuff to remember the details.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Why, I am the very model of lovingkindness and gentility AND YOU