Re: Balance I/O

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:17:13 GMT

astalavista wrote:
> hi,
>
> I try to balance I/O, I use sar -d ( AIX 5.1 , oracle 9.2.0.4 )
> Is it a good idea to decrease the disks which are near 100% busy ?
> ( 90% busy is it a low throuput disk ? )
> Is it the right direction to look at %busy ?
>
> Thanks in advance ...

Whaddya mean by "decrease the disks"? Get rid of surplus tracks by using a hacksaw or rasp? I'm not sure that it's a good idea. Second, tuning is a hard thing to do, but decreasing usage of something that completely used up sounds like a plan. Exactly how do you do that?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com