Re: Upgrading oracle db 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.2 java issues

From: <joeNOSPAM_at_BEA.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2006 07:39:56 -0700

dugmcgee_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are upgrading our oracle database from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.2. has
> anyone had previous experience with this that they can point out
> potential pitfalls? I am talking more on the java side than actually
> the installation.
>
> We have a java system talking to the oracle database. One system is
> using hibernate, the other is using a DAO pattern with direct JDBC
> calls. Does anyone know if this change will effect the application and
> what changes we must do to accomadate? For example I know that oracle
> 10.2.0.2 has a different timestamp (oracle.timestamp) than that of it
> predecesor (sql.timestamp)
>
> We have a lot of stored procedures and soem direct JDBC calls to the
> database. Is anyonw aware of pitfalls or what type of testplans we must
> put together to test for issues?
>
> Much appreciated for the assistance.
> Dougless

Hi. We have seen none. Oracle has no scope for returning anything but a java.sql.Timestamp from a getTimestamp() call. If it returns an oracle.sql.Timestamp, that *must be* a java.sql.Timestamp, and shoudl continue to operate exactly like a java.sql.Timestamp, but may also offer Oracle-specific extensions.
Joe Weinstein at BEA Systems Received on Tue Jul 18 2006 - 09:39:56 CDT