Re: Problem to arrange a compress on the fly to an export

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 18 Jul 2006 03:42:11 -0700

etantonio_at_libero.it wrote:
> Good Morning,
> I need to arrange an export and at the same time compress the result,
> I want to do this in a shell script, at the moment I use this
>
> exp sc/sc_at_ab1 PARFILE=exp_param.dat FILE=ciao.dmp LOG=ciaolog.txt
> |compress &
>
> and I also have no result with the following form
>
> exp sc/sc_at_ab1 compress=y PARFILE=exp_param.dat FILE=ciao.dmp
> LOG=ciaolog.txt
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Antonio D'Ottavio
> www.etantonio.it/en

You want to look into using a compress pipe as discussed in the following discussion:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_thread/thread/2a3794db64062e94/50b934bcdc68b755?q=compress+pipe&lnk=gst&rnum=5#50b934bcdc68b755

The COMPRESS parameter of the "exp" utility, compresses database extents, not O/S files.

HTH -g Received on Tue Jul 18 2006 - 05:42:11 CDT