Re: Fedora

From: Bertie Brink <bhb_at_donotspammailme.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:53:52 -0400

Chuck Whealton wrote:
> nntp wrote:

>> There is a clone of RHEL called Whitebox Linux that you could install
>> and all you have to do is make sure all the kernel memory parameters are
>> set in /etc/sysctl.conf and I think I also had to download libaio (async
>> IO) and the install went fine. You can get it
>> free...http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/
>>
>> Good luck...Paul

> Another one that would probably require a bit more than you seem to
> have needed is Centos. Another RHEL derived distribution -
> http://www.centos.org
>
> Charles R. Whealton
> Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

Being RHEL derived, were you able to seamlessly integrate Oracle 10g without all the extra RPMing?

On another note:

Considering Solaris 10 is free, I would suggest Solaris as a platform to deploy Oracle Database. In 10 years of running it under Solaris (SPARC),   I have yet to see a better marriage between a rock solid OS and database. Although you will have to wait for a 32-bit Oracle 10gR2 for Solaris x86 if you are running xeon 32-bit or non-Opteron x86 CPUs.

--
Bertie Brink
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.  R. D. Laing