Re: Problem connecting to Oracle 8i using SQL plus

From: magma <djmagma_at_despammed.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:14:13 +0200

On 14 Jul 2006 03:49:30 -0700, "gazzag" <gareth_at_jamms.org> wrote:

>magma wrote:
>> I searched a lot before posting here, and found only (apart
>> suggestions about checking firewall configuration) an incompatibility
>> issue between a Microsoft security update (KB901214) and Oracle.
>>
>> Is that patch that generates the conflict?
>>
>> Bye.
>
>Magma,
>
>I'm afraid Sybrand's right. I searched this group for ORA-12535 and
>found this in about, ooh, a nanosecond:
>
>http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_thread/thread/96cd4336f65106c/bdefa7131b653911?q=ORA-12535&rnum=1#bdefa7131b653911
>
>HTH
>
>-g

Just because everything is so clear and Google is my friend, I modified the configuration as mentioned before, and also as this other link explains:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/59514/0/

*but* it still doesn't work.

I don't manage directly the remote server, because I don't have rights to access to it, so I have to ask to the sysadmin to make the changes everytime.

Any other clue?

Bye.

--
When she's walking by the river and the railway line
she can still him whisper