Re: Metalink doc Note 160451.1

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:45:52 GMT

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:39:58 -0700, boogab00 wrote:

> Before calling someone a thief, maybe you should make sure he's a thief
> first. It's possible he's got a development install only and is
> evaluating.

For such a situation, Oracle has a 'trial license'.

Under which the Oracle sales team pays for metalink access for up to 30 days, permitting the evaluator to have access to the entire support system. This allows evaluation of things that are outside the bounds of normal review which truly require support.

However, a support access is not really that expensive. For learning purposes in which support is truly required (a rarity), a full produuction license for Oracle Personal Edition is no more expensive than other typical Windows products - even less expensive than many a copy of MS Office - and permits annual support to be purchased.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!