Re: insufficient priviliges

From: newbie <rjngh2005_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2006 07:41:26 -0700

Sybrand.

>First suggestion: stop top-posting
>Second suggestion : stop top-posting
>Third suggestion: Always mention your version in order to avoid
>wasting people's time, as in 8i you can't use David Fitzjarell's
>suggestion.

Excellent reply

Sorry, I did not understand the phrase ... top posting

Yes....Next time I shall give Oracle version first.

The reason I was hesitating to change the password is that this is a production database and as such I did not want to

  1. change password to new password.
  2. run grant sql
  3. revert old password

I would do the above at the last resort

Your trick of creating a stored procedure is an excellent trick