Re: Database link cannot be dropped

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2006 06:54:23 -0700

gazzag wrote:
> Forte Agent wrote:
> > Dumb question . . . . .
> >
> > I have an Oracle database 10.2.0.2 where I cannot drop database links.
> > When I do "drop database link XXX", database link named
> > "XXX.domainname.com" is dropped, but not "XXX". What should I do?
> > Thank you in advance.
>
> What do you get from the following query?
>
> SELECT * FROM DBA_DB_LINKS;
>
> Additionally, post your sqlnet.ora file so we can see that.
>
> HTH

Forte, the DDL you posted would drop a private database link owned by the connected Oracle username. Who does the link you are trying to drop belong to? The query gazzag posted will provide the necessary information.

drop public database link xxx.whatever;

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Jul 13 2006 - 08:54:23 CDT