Oracle Trace

From: Paul Murphy <paul_at_nntp.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 05:04:22 GMT

The database in question is Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 8.

I've been reading a bit about Oracle Trace and tkprof and I think this is the route to go, but I want to see if there is a better way to accomplish what I need.

I want to see all the SQL being run by a single user, no matter how that SQL was sent to the server (SQL*PLus, a stored procedure call, etc.). I want to send the user's queries out to a text file where I can review the individual queries in a readable format.

Part of what the user is running is a report that calls a stored procedure that has been wrapped/encrypted. Although I can't see the source code directly, can I see the actual SQL that is being run against the database?

Am I on the right path with Trace and tkprof or is there a better way? Anyone know of a good tutorial on how to do this?

Thanks!
Paul Received on Thu Jul 13 2006 - 00:04:22 CDT