Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Re: Is it possible to load the excel file by using external table without converting it into csv comma delimited file

Re: Is it possible to load the excel file by using external table without converting it into csv comma delimited file

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:40:54 GMT

Khurram wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:

>> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 04:09:46 -0700, Khurram wrote:
>> You can load it into database by using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel, available
>> for free from CPAN.
>>
>> --
>> http://www.mgogala.com

> Hi Mladen
>
> Would you give me link..
>
> Khurram

Khuram, the link is here:
http://search.cpan.org/~kwitknr/Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.2603/ParseExcel.pm

This is a Perl module, so you will have to do a bit of Perl programming to do that. Things like that are the reason why I learned Perl in the first place. I've never regretted learning it. On my page, you can even find a little tutorial for using Perl with Oracle. May the force be with you.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com