Re: Interface Oracle / Adobe Illustrator

From: Tim Kober Cologne <tim.kober_at_kartenwelten.de>
Date: 11 Jul 2006 08:42:18 -0700

@ Brian

> Are you sure that Illustrator is
> the product you need for this job? Have you looked at other competitors
> products (i.e. ESRI, Intergraph, ERDAS)? Today's GIS packages let you
> implement collaboration and even versioning.

Yes, we checked GIS packages. We are producing our maps in Adobe Illustrator because it is the vector data format of the graphical industry customary on the market and can therefore be processed by any professional pre-print operator in the world - without specific knowledge of cartography or GIS systems - in the usual graphic design applications. The productivity which can be reached in this way is unique if you want to spread maps in publishing workflows and want to ad a lot of visual effects.

Kind Regards,

Tim Received on Tue Jul 11 2006 - 10:42:18 CDT