v$rman_status problem

From: alek <alexandru.tica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2006 05:27:27 -0700

Hi,

we have in our administration a RAC 10.2.0.2 database and starting from yesterday morning we cannot use RMAN anymore. It simply becomes frozen after simple commands like: "delete archivelog all;" or "report schema;". Tracing the corresponding session we notice that the involved SQL-SELECT which hangs it up is:

select round(sum(MBYTES_PROCESSED)) ,round(sum(INPUT_BYTES)) ,round(sum(OUTPUT_BYTES)) from V$RMAN_STATUS start with (RECID=:b1 and STAMP=:b2) connect by prior RECID=parent_recid

The waiting event is: "control file sequential read". Querying the v$rman_status view to see how many rows are within it reveals the fact that there are 2256 records but we obtained this result after 4506 seconds. I have to mention that I've collected dictionary and fixed table statistics but this didn't help at all. Does anybody know what the cause of this behaviour might be and how can I fix it?

Many thanks in advance. Received on Mon Jul 10 2006 - 07:27:27 CDT