VPD vs Multi Schema vs Partitioning

From: <xtanto_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2006 04:51:06 -0700

Hi Oracle Gurus,

We will develope a web based ERP application for a company with multi branch (about 20), with the following requirement :
- a normal user can only see and update data for his branch

Total user will be 200, but maximum concurrent is 60 users.

We will use JSF(ADF Faces) + BC4J, one database server and one apps server.

The question is :
To meet the requirement above about which user can see which data, what Oracle feature should I use :
is it VPD ?
or should I just use different schema for each branch ? or use Partitioning ?

Thank you for your recommendation,
xtanto Received on Sun Jul 09 2006 - 06:51:06 CDT