Re: executable to fix data doesn't appear to be doing anything..help

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 00:33:23 GMT

buccellik wrote:
> We were given an executable problem, from ESRI, to fix duplicate data
> in our database. The executable runs forever, we have never gotten it
> to finish, but killed it. When I do a trace on the database session it
> produces, the trace file is nothing but the following:
> WAIT #7: nam='SQL*Net message to client' ela= 3 p1=1111838976 p2=1 p3=0
> WAIT #7: nam='SQL*Net message from client' ela= 66 p1=1111838976 p2=1
> p3=0
> WAIT #7: nam='SQL*Net break/reset to client' ela= 3 p1=1111838976 p2=1
> p3=0
> WAIT #7: nam='SQL*Net break/reset to client' ela= 63 p1=1111838976 p2=0
> p3=0
> WAIT #7: nam='SQL*Net message to client' ela= 3 p1=1111838976 p2=1 p3=0
>
> When I use Performance Overview, I can see an SQL statement associated
> with the session. However, I would like to run that statement on my
> own, but I don't know what values are in the bind variables. Does
> anyone know how I can find out the values for the bind variables?
>
> Thanks.

Are you trying to fix duplicate data in a raster or vector layer? I'm assuming that you are using ArcSDE....which version of SDE?

As others have said, you'll have to enable a 100046 trace with level 8 or 12 to see the bind variable values. You can set up an AFTER LOGON trigger similar to the following:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER after_logon_trigger_extra AFTER LOGON ON DATABASE
DECLARE
    usernm VARCHAR2(30);
BEGIN
    SELECT user INTO usernm FROM dual;

    IF (usernm = 'ARCIMS') THEN

       EXEC IMMEDIATE 'ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS ''10046 TRACE NAME CONTEXT FOREVER, LEVEL 12''';     END IF;
END;
/

You'll have to substitute the database user in the IF conditional above. As you can see, I typically use this to trace what ArcIMS is doing inside the database to resolve problems.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net