Problem with update

From: Identity <id_at_id.it>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 13:58:48 GMT

I've a table "Table1" with:

ID - Cod - Type - Value - Period

1-COD1-AAA-0-Jan
2-COD2-BBB-0-Feb
3-COD3-AAA-0-Feb
4-COD4-CCC-0-Feb

Now I want to UPDATE this records using a Second Table "Table2"

Type-Qt-Value-Period

AAA-10-10-Jan
AAA-3-2-Feb
BBB-3-2-Feb
CCC-4-6-Feb

If, in table1, I've AAA I want to search in table2 the value of type AAA in the table1.period
If, in table1, I've BBB I want to search in table2 the value of type BBB in the table1.period

How Can I create this update??

After the UPDATE, I would like to obtain:

ID - Cod - Type - Value - Period

1-COD1-AAA-100-Jan  (value = 10*10)
2-COD2-BBB-6-Feb    (value = 3*2)
3-COD3-AAA-6-Feb    (value = 3*2)
4-COD4-CCC-24-Feb    (value = 6*4)

Thanks Received on Sat Jul 08 2006 - 08:58:48 CDT