Re: No Oracle Standard Edition planned for VMS on IA64

From: Malcolm Dunnett <nothome_at_spammers.are.scum>
Date: 7 Jul 2006 13:51:47 -0700

In article <12atesbki3t6aeb_at_corp.supernews.com>,

     "Syltrem" <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca> writes:

> What version of Standard Edition are you running now?
> I see Standard for 8.1.7 was never available.. and nothing after that ( I
> was surprised to see this)

   Hmm. I'm on 9.2.0.4 Standard Edition on VMS 7.3-2 on Alpha. It was certainly supported in the past and they still appear to be taking my support money :-)

   Before that I was on 8.1.7 Standard Edition, which was also supported at the time.

   Given how inaccurate the support matrix is for the Alpha version perhaps the "not planned" for Itanium is a mistake? Received on Fri Jul 07 2006 - 15:51:47 CDT