Re: Slow Update!!

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Jul 2006 05:23:48 -0700

jsfromynr wrote:
> Sorry Daniel !!
> I didnot get what you mean to say by TOP POSTING.
>
> If agreeing to someone's suggestions and accepting that you didnot know
> something . Is it wrong??
>
> If you provide any helpful hint , I will say that I learnt from you. Is
> it wrong??
>
> With warm regards
> Jatinder Singh
>

> DA Morgan wrote:
>
> > jsfromynr wrote:
> >
> > Stop TOP POSTING or everyone will refuse to respond to you.
> >
> > And I am not offering you any suggestions until you stop it.
> > --
> > Daniel A. Morgan
> > University of Washington
> > damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> > (replace x with u to respond)
> > Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> > www.psoug.org

Jatinder,

"top posting" is the practice of posting your reply _above_ the text of the message to which you are replying. It is considered poor practice in this newsgroup because people prefer to read the history of the message thread from top to bottom. Notice that in this message, I am placing my reply at the bottom. If everyone does this, a message thread can be read from top to bottom quite naturally and easily. Received on Fri Jul 07 2006 - 07:23:48 CDT