Object Privilege for Database Link?

From: <thtsang_yh_at_yahoo.com.hk>
Date: 7 Jul 2006 00:40:09 -0700

I would like to allow a schema to access a remote database through a DB link created by another schema. However, it seems there is no object privilege for db links, so that I can't assign the right to that schema. As an example, what I want is something like

(From Schema 1)

create database link dblink1...;
grant execute on dblink1 to schema2;

(From Schema 2)

select * from table_name_at_schema1.dblink1;

I know a public database link can be shared among different schemas. However, I don't want to allow everyone to access the remote db through the db link, but only selected schemas.

Am I missing something? Or this cannot be done yet? Received on Fri Jul 07 2006 - 02:40:09 CDT