Re: erro occurred while install oracle

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 09:25:13 -0700

mom wrote:
> when i install oracle 9i on sun440,erro occerred.
> the information is "Error occurred while getting user groups"
> so i check the user .group .variable,there no problem .
> any ideas???
> thanks to send any idea to my mail.

Well if there is no problem what did you write us about?

Obviously there is a problem so why don't you post the information recorded in the files and let us look at it?

PS: 9i could be anything from 9.0.1 to 9.2.0.7. What Oracle version on what operating system? And, most importantly, WHAT error?

Tried to look over your shoulder but I'm my binoculars fogged up.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington