time stamp duration in minutes and seconds

From: toto <parag9i_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Jul 2006 05:58:51 -0700

Hi,

I have following questions,

  1. I want to know difference between two timestamps in minutes and seconds ? Is there any other way than "extract " method.
  2. How it is going take part of fraction of seconds while arriving exact difference

for e.g.

18:21:32 SQL> select localtimestamp - (localtimestamp + 10 ) from dual;

LOCALTIMESTAMP-(LOCALTIMESTAMP+10)

-000000009 23:59:59.922523

I want this difference in minutes and seconds only. ( Preferably other than
"extract", I am sure there must me some simple way to arrive at this solution )

thanks & regards
pjp Received on Thu Jul 06 2006 - 07:58:51 CDT